The Linx 89 Series
The Linx 8900 CIJ printer makes operation, reliability and efficiency easier than ever, so you can spend more time coding, and increasing output from your production line.
With 3 lines of text, barcodes, symbols and numbers from 1.8mm and up to 20mm high, the Linx 8900 is a flexible coding option for both primary and secondary packaging.
Simple operation for faster setup with fewer errors
• The large, colour touch-screen with drag-and-drop field positioning, and simple icons, makes code creation intuitive. The icons can be customised on the top screen so the most frequently used features are just one touch away
• Fluid refills are quick and clean, with a door which opens at a touch, and cartridges which simply click into place; automatic fluid-checking also ensures that the correct fluid is used. No tools, no mess, no mistakes
• Servicing is quick and simple with the Easi-Change® Service Module which can be changed in minutes following step-by-step on-screen instructions – allowing you to schedule in your servicing around your production runs, for less downtime.
Proven Linx reliability for maximum uptime
• The Linx printhead is a robust, sealed design made from stainless steel so all the essential components are protected at all times
• Cleaning is only required every 3 months
• Our Autoflush feature ensures the printhead is cleaned thoroughly at every shutdown, ensuring reliable operation and first time startup, even after extended shutdowns.
Accurate output measurement – keeping you on target
• The Linx 8900 can help you track your line productivity by monitoring the printer output based on your own targets, in real time e.g. batch counts, output/hour rates. The screensaver clearly displays whether you are on or off target
• Reasons for line stoppage can also be customised to your own line, meaning you can quickly identify efficiency improvements on your line. Reports can all be downloaded via a USB for reporting and analysis, making the Linx 8900 a valuable tool to help you achieve your OEE targets
• Long 8 hour fluid refill warnings enable you to plan refills around your production schedule – no more unexpected printer stops!
• 3 lines of text, symbols, numbers, barcodes
• Character height from 1.8mm to 8.8mm
• Maximum print speed 3.65 m/s (single line of code)
• Carton coding option with character height up to 20mm
• Rotated character (‘tower’) printing
• WYSIWYG screen with icons, drag-and-drop field positioning, and zoom function for longer messages
• USB port for copy and back-up of message and printer settings, and for easy transfer of messages between printers
• Message store of up to 1000
• Real-time output measurement on screen
• Output and line stoppage logs
• Screen saver shows real-time on/off target indication
• Customisable top screen for most frequently used features
• 10” colour touch screen
• Stainless steel enclosure
• IP55 (washdown) as standard
• 2m conduit as standard, with 4m and 6m options
• Weight 24kg
• No factory air required
Prints 3 lines of code from 1.8mm to 8.8mm high and operates at speeds up to 2.92m/s
5-line coding, includes carton code printing up to 20mm, and fast line speed of up to 7.28m/s as standard
5-line coder designed for the most challenging coding applications, with IP65 rating for reliable operation. Print speeds up to 9.10m/s.
Linx CIJ accessories are designed to enable correct integration of Linx CIJ coders onto your production line. For unusual or challenging set-ups, our customer engineering department can build customized solutions to suit every application.